Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Man Seeking Perspective


New Yorkers write some bad ass personal ads. Here's one from a 28 year old in the Bronx.

My life is pretty routine. I wake up at the same time everyday, take the same train to the city, do the same job, and come home. The next day is the exact same.
Hubba hubba!
I guess I'm looking for help breaking the vicious cycle of adulthood.
This sentence foreshadows a future of childish outbursts for some lucky lady.
I spent four years in the military where I was able to see most of what the rest of world is like (belive me, there is no better place than the U.S.)
In which to get up, ride the train, go to work, come home, lather, rinse, and repeat.
I like to laugh at everything and anything.
Yeah, us too.
It would be great just to sit home and watch b movies just to chuckle at the horrible acting. I'm sick of bars and the people in them.
Clearly, he is not drinking enough. Nor are the people around him.
Board games are a plus- I'm a huge sore loser so be prepared to be called a cheater and hear me complain about the fixed rules for hours!
Wow! Let's totally play then!
I run and run, four miles minimum almost everyday. And I'll play any sport.
Curling is one of his secret passions.
Big time Yankee and giant fan. If the yanks have the money who cares what they spend it on.
Indeed! And if this guy has any money, it will not be up to you, dear lady, to tell him what to spend it on.
I'll list my faults so there is no shock.
Oh, so the sore loser/pointlessly competitive thing wasn't a fault?
Brutally honest- if you look like a slob I'll tell you.
Oh, he meant YOUR faults.
Most of the time I'm always right, most of the time.
Uh huh. How is this catch still single?
I don't have time for second impressions- maybe I'm a little to judgemental, I have to stop that because there is some great people I passed up.
We refer to them as "the fortunate ones."
Other than that I'm a hard working decent guy. I know where I'm going. I'm a giver. And I enjoy taking care of the right person.
He's a giver, of criticism, complaints, and soul destroying routine. Ladies, really -- don't let this one pass you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is...
© The Worst of the Personals - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Font by Fontspace